Harry and Malala

Posted Sunday, July 20, 2014 by deehan1914








This moment is one of those moments when I just want to scribble the thoughts that are inside of me and forget that I am actually busy. I wish I am Rita Skeeter now so that I can have that magical quill. My hands are tired but I want to blog. It’s just too bad that I can’t use any forms of magic in this muggle world. I don’t want to receive a howling letter from the Ministry of Magic.

I am still musing about the immensely timely source of relief that J.K. Rowling gifted me. That article she posted in pottermore made me dreamy again-Harry with another intriguing scar. I want to go to Osaka and camp in USJ. I want to eat chocolate frogs. I want to be lost in Hogsmeade.

Why do I usually think about Potter and his world these days? It’s because I miss reading about it. I have grown busy with my new job in the University. I am enjoying it to bits. I just miss having the luxury of reading books of my choice and still get paid. I miss reading Harry Potter with Makiko and Tomei. Oh … how I wish to be one of those people thronging USJ Osaka.

I miss my Japanese students.

I miss my previous job. I can easily go back as a part-time teacher but my time now won’t give me the liberty to be back.

I guess I really have to experience this sort of feeling in my lifetime. Hence, I must remain cheerful and accept the things I can’t change as of the moment without losing hope that one day, I can do it again.

Reading has always been my escape to stress and writing seals the happiness within. I love teaching but I also love other things. I might have lost the equilibrium that’s why this feeling of longing to those buoyed in unprecedented levels. I don’t really care if others think that what I do is boring. I know people who could share the same wavelength as mine and their biographies depict the awesomeness embed in reading, writing and sharing. I am reminded of Malala’s United Nations speech which goes, “Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons.” I couldn’t agree more.

I have resolved to read I am Malala. I should read to balance my life.

I should take more pictures so that I could have many stories to share to my online students.

I have accepted that God wants me to experience other things now so that when I’ll teach them, I can have lots to share.

The best thing to do is savor the uniqueness clamped in each spectrum. Indeed, it’s a wonderful and colorful life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment