2013 INC Unity Games : The Hype is at its Peak

Posted Tuesday, January 29, 2013 by deehan1914
The Official Logo of the INC Unity Games


I'm watching this tick nearer and I am thrilled beyond words. After endlessly sitting bolt upright for my lessons, I see this event as a VERY timely escape. Oh! I have to sound a note of caution here. I'm not saying I'll play . I'm saying I'll be just watching . I'm sure I'll have a whole lot of fun and more!



The main goal of this sporting event is to to foster camaraderie among members of the Church of Christ.The Regional INC Unity Games in my area will be by Friday ( and it's already Wednesday now..and I can't stop thinking about it) and it will be a reunion of the members from Davao Oriental,Davao Norte,Davao del Sur and our district as the host district - Davao West will surely be very busy! This is the third year that the church has been doing this with 19 regional venues and 94 participating districts all around Philippines.This also done in districts outside the Philippines.However, I think this will be first time we will have it in the Regional level. I heard some of the games will be badminton, basketball, bowling, chess, table tennis, tennis, track and field, volleyball and swimming . Why on earth did I not qualify to any of these games? I think I've been biologically predisposed to become a mere audience to sporting events. Well, I frankly got used to it and try to live with that. Ha ha ha! I've been trying to make "logical' explanations to that just to minimize my biggest gripe of not becoming a sports super star! There is a great relevance between neuroscience and sports . If the Broca's area is the one responsible for the person's ability to speak, then the lobe responsible for me to be sports-inclined must be still under construction. Anyway, I hope the lobe responsible for my clumsiness and occasional downright stupidity will cease to develop (facepalm).




I've been fancying winning in a chess match. I think it will feel sooooooo great when I'll play there in the Philippine Arena in celebration of the Church’s Centennial Anniversary next year. If I will win there,I will surely feel like the world's number 1 player. I feel silly and giggly thinking about these things as I am not really a chess player - I'm just a debonair. Ha ha ha!

I'm actually very busy right now but I will surely be present during the Unity Games ( I moved my dayoff to Friday, I think my manager has been VERY VERY VERY kind to me these days). I was also able to have my first defense for my graduate school thesis last Monday ( my manager allowed me to be absent during that time with ease). I am currently doing a research about cooperatives' economic and financial resilience. My work ? I love it to the core! I never had that " Monday Blues". I love the job itself . I've been doing devotional prayers and working a lot. I know something really very good will come. I feel very very blessed everyday.  It makes me feel warm inside whenever I realize that God has been using sooooo many people to help me out from my predicaments. If only I was born male,nag BEM na sana ako! I  will continuously sing for You, Ama!

---- UPDATE---
Here's the link to the photos taken during the INC Unity Games for Davao Region.

http://deehan1914.blogspot.com/2013/05/2013-davao-area-unity-games-at-full.html





0 comments:

Post a Comment