Music in My Life

Posted Wednesday, March 14, 2012 by deehan1914

I started  to love listening to songs when I studied in a University situated in the high lands of Marawi City.Years prior to that, I even hardly know Air Supply, Avril and Britney ( yeah Britney, I could not even imagine who she was). I must thank God that I bumped into "studious" roommates during college who never agreed to have a television inside our room. So , my only escape was to listen to songs. Imagine a life without television, I survived that for 4 years ! Yeah, I'm glad it's over ( evil grin).


I am writing now because I am so happy upon learning that two of my friends are doing their own song. Think how amazed I am! Omo! I feel lucky knowing them. Jay-ar , the composer, is my neighbor and he is going in the same University where I am trying to finish my graduate school studies. Hazel, Jay-ar's girlfriend whom I met during Jay-ar sister's wedding, can sing like a superstar! Imagine how entertained I was seeing her pretty face and hearing her voice which is making her look perfect. I love this couple!

So here's the lyrics of their song entitled "Pinipilit".

Parang Kailan lang
Sinabi mo
Na mahal kita't mahal mo rin ako

Parang kailan lang anong saya
Ang mga panahong ikaw ay kasama

Ref:
Pero lahat ay nawala
Ikay biglang nag-iba

Chorus:

Pinipilit kong bumalik saiyo
Pinipilit kong ikay magbago
Pinipilit kong isiping andyan ka
Pinipilit kong pigilan ka
Pinipilit kong kausapin pa
Pinipilit kong sabihing meron pa


I tried to translate this one earlier and so please bear with my poor attempt in trying to be poetic.Bless me oh God!

Title:Trying



Just recently
You told me
That you love me too

Just recently
Happiness was when I was with you

Ref:

Suddenly everything is gone
Suddenly you changed

Chorus:

Trying to get back to you
Trying to change you
Trying to think you're here
Trying to stop you
Trying to talk to you
Trying to say there's sill "us"



So, how was the translation? I wish to make the title "Forcing" because that is really "Pinipilit" in English but I decided to look for another synonym because the word "Forcing" will not sound nice in the Chorus part (I think so, wink!).


This song has been played over MOR Davao several times. I wish you will write more songs Jay-ar and I wish you'll sing more Hazel!See you soon!


Here's a picture of my friends Jay-ar and Hazel.









Here's the youtube link. Keep it up guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXauzpjGzs




















0 comments:

Post a Comment